Skip to main content

From a Journal Junkie

From the Handiwork Journal . . .
. . .knitted 3 more dishcloths.


 . . . crocheted my very first recycled denim jeans rag rug.  I like these.  I will continue to collect old jeans from the family, and make more of these (only bigger than the pattern called for, see S.C.R.A.P. for details).




From the Homesteading Journal . . . 


. . . Hubby, and extended family, picked up a truck load of fire wood for us Saturday.  We were on the last day's worth.  However, the truck broke down after they loaded it with wood.  Sunday, we got the truck back, and wood re-stocked.

. . . made another batch of ginger ale syrup, and another batch of homemade shampoo.
 


From the Gratitude Journal . . .

Today I am thankful for:

~sunshine
~pillows
~my husband's job
~my camera
~God's Love
   


From my personal journal . . .

. . . according to medical experts, it could be another week before I feel better.
   


Comments

Kim said…
yay for the wood. I had been praying about that. Hope you feel better soon.
So glad you are on the mend.
YAY! for the firewood. You said you "got the truck back"
Is it working? I hope so.

We just more firewood last week.
I'm grateful to have it.

Pat
Katmom said…
Wowzers! I am impressed...a denim rag rug..... was it hard? I luv using sheets but one of these days I will get brave and try denim.
Super Duper job!
>^..^<
Kim thank you for your prayers.

Grace, crocheting denim was a bit more difficult, but makes a nice thick rug.
Pat,
We had trouble with a tire making an awful noise. Hubby packed the wheel bearing (I think that's what he said) and so far so good. We need it to haul straw next week too. Phew!
Sam I Am...... said…
You're amazing! Even sick you get more done than I do! LOL! What do those "Experts" know! Think positive...you'll be back in the saddle in no time! Love your dishcloths and the colors!
Candy C. said…
I'm glad ya'll got the load of firewood. Love that denim rug, I'll bet it is nice and thick! Dang, another week. Hope "they" are wrong and you get to feeling better sooner!!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart