Skip to main content

$5.00 Vintage Tablecloth


I'm sharing a few thrift store finds and bargains, that I got before getting sick.



Vintage tablecloth - $5.00, a hand towel and some hankies (can't remember what I paid).  I do use the hankies too, in case you are wondering.  I put my allergy easer oil on them, and tuck them in my purse when I am away from home.  The oil doesn't last as long, but it does help me, and I don't have to carry the oil with me.  The are fun to decorate around the house with too.  Oh, and I use the tablecloths every day.  With kids, they do get changed often, but I love them in my home.  

Of course, my very special ones, from my mother, are used on a small table in my own room.  


The hand towels are used in the kitchen, as well as in bathrooms here.  I also take a few when we go camping. 
  


Writer's Digest books for $.50/each - what a bargain!  I am sharing these books with the kids.  There is more than one writer in this home.  I thought we could use them to keep exercising our brains this winter.  Planting season is about to start.

******

I did not sleep well last night for some reason.  I have all the arsenal a person could need with the flu - air purifier, cold mist humidifier, etc.  I got up early anyway.  Maybe I am finally getting over this and don't need the sleep.  The sky is dark this morning - a sign that snow may be arriving today.  

I need to call about chick orders (layers and meat) this spring, and get a price for driver's education for my 16 year-old.  I finally found my magazine on breeds of chickens best for meat.  It was tucked inside my weekly/monthly organizer (that had been put to bed for a few weeks).  We have a busy weekend coming up too.

I ordered checks - gosh, they got expensive.  

I am not baking anything this week.  With so many upset stomachs in the house, it's been leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, toast, tea, crackers, and such. 

 

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Oh, I do hope you all heal up soon. Those bugs sure do like to make the rounds in a family!
You asked about the Blackberry Salad pattern and it is free on www.ravelry.com just look for me on there and you'll have access to all my projects. Just look for Sandra Licher or saminar is my Ravelry id.
There are so many free patterns on Ravelry....you'll love it!
Carolyn said…
Beautiful finds! I LOVE it when those "oldies but goodies" end up at the thrift stores and I can find them :)
Sharon said…
I love vintage tablecloths...you are so lucky to find these. Take care of yourself, and get well.
Candy C. said…
What beautiful thrift store finds! :)
I just ordered checks recently too. Yikes!!
Liz said…
Love the vintage tablecloths. So glad to read that you ues them. They sure make the house feel so bright and cheery! Hope that flu bug goes away for goood!
Liz
Liz said…
Love the vintage tablecloths. So glad to read that you ues them. They sure make the house feel so bright and cheery! Hope that flu bug goes away for goood!
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart