Skip to main content

Surprise Delivery ~ Busy Saturday


In my hustle and bustle of daily duties, including the terrible habit I have of worrying, a delivery arrived to my door.
A very special delivery.

A beautiful bouquet of  flowers, that were arranged in a beautiful vase.  

Smelling and seeing them is just the prescription I needed for stress. 

They came from my sister-in-law, who sent me a very inspiring note, regarding her enjoyment of reading my blog.

Saturday was a busy day around here too.  

The girls started their day by working on the horse fencing and building a make-shift stall with what ever they could reuse.  I had to make a trip to town for horse feed, wood pellets and pick up something at my brother's.  Then it was back home to unload the second truck load of wood.  I still haven't been feeling good, but the elderberry is definitely helping.

While unloading the second load of wood, I ran inside to fetch my camera.  We've been having some beautiful sunsets here recently.  

It was then, that I saw all my laundry on the line, and had to run out and get it all down in the dark.  It was nice to come inside and find the turkey in the roaster ready to eat.   Boy were we all hungry. 

The horse fencing and stable were completed and her horse is to arrive Sunday.
 

Comments

Carolyn said…
Horse? Did I miss something?? More likely, probably forgot. There will be copious pictures, right?
Candy C. said…
The flowers are lovely!! What a wonderful surprise! :)
Your sunset is beautiful and I can't wait to see some horse pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart