Skip to main content

From the Handiwork Journal . . .

Front cover (sorry for the tablecloth behind it, it is too much of a busy background to really see the journal cover)

 Back Cover




Remember these fun watercolor journal pages?  From way back in July of 2012?  

...I decoupaged recycled cardboard, using magazine pictures, and made a front and back cover.  I punched holes and tied on aqua organza ribbon.  I just need to fill in the pages.





...knitted a few more dishcloths.











...remember this project?  It is my second knitted shawl.  I can't even remember when I started it.  It's finally done, but I am disappointed in the size.  In the book, the shawl goes way past her waist line, and well over her shoulders.  She must have been pretty petite, because the fringe on this barely goes to my waist line.  This pattern is cleary not for 6 foot amazon women.  Needless to say, it went to one of the girls.  I love this style too (sighing sadly). 






Comments

busy, busy!
The journals are unique...I have gone away from journaling. I tend to miss it and feel, misguided without it.
I remember in the past, I journaled, sketched, and clipped pages and put them all in the pages... I also *listed* ...I was constantly having a running list of ideas and projects.
I should probably consider doing that again...maybe I'd be more productive!
Look at everything you get done!:)
I like the dishcloths... and the shawl is so pretty too!

enjoyed seeing your creations. Pat
Candy C. said…
I really like the shawl, too bad it didn't come out "to size." The journal covers are really nice! :)
Beansieleigh said…
Love the journal you made, Kristina, and hope you'll be sharing at least some of what you'll be putting INTO it, now and then! Oh, and dishcloths; I really need to make myself at least a couple! (thanks for the reminder!) Sorry to hear the shawl didn't fit like you would have liked. You did a BEAUTIFUL job on it!... Hope you're enjoying this holiday weekend. Looks like the week ahead is just going to get colder and colder, so STAY WARM!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart