Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 19, 2013

From the Handiwork Journal . . .

Front cover (sorry for the tablecloth behind it, it is too much of a busy background to really see the journal cover)

 Back Cover




Remember these fun watercolor journal pages?  From way back in July of 2012?  

...I decoupaged recycled cardboard, using magazine pictures, and made a front and back cover.  I punched holes and tied on aqua organza ribbon.  I just need to fill in the pages.





...knitted a few more dishcloths.











...remember this project?  It is my second knitted shawl.  I can't even remember when I started it.  It's finally done, but I am disappointed in the size.  In the book, the shawl goes way past her waist line, and well over her shoulders.  She must have been pretty petite, because the fringe on this barely goes to my waist line.  This pattern is cleary not for 6 foot amazon women.  Needless to say, it went to one of the girls.  I love this style too (sighing sadly). 






3 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

busy, busy!
The journals are unique...I have gone away from journaling. I tend to miss it and feel, misguided without it.
I remember in the past, I journaled, sketched, and clipped pages and put them all in the pages... I also *listed* ...I was constantly having a running list of ideas and projects.
I should probably consider doing that again...maybe I'd be more productive!
Look at everything you get done!:)
I like the dishcloths... and the shawl is so pretty too!

enjoyed seeing your creations. Pat

Candy C. said...

I really like the shawl, too bad it didn't come out "to size." The journal covers are really nice! :)

Beansieleigh said...

Love the journal you made, Kristina, and hope you'll be sharing at least some of what you'll be putting INTO it, now and then! Oh, and dishcloths; I really need to make myself at least a couple! (thanks for the reminder!) Sorry to hear the shawl didn't fit like you would have liked. You did a BEAUTIFUL job on it!... Hope you're enjoying this holiday weekend. Looks like the week ahead is just going to get colder and colder, so STAY WARM!