Skip to main content

Fighting Two Kinds of Colds

I woke up yesterday feeling worse than the day before, and just wanted to rest on the couch, drink hot tea, and warm up with homemade chicken noodle soup.  I'm not sure if it's a cold or possibly trouble with sinuses.

I didn't have the energy to cook chicken, and had leftover turkey.  I made a crock pot of homemade turkey-noodle soup, with homemade noodles.  I think it was the last of the noodles I had in the freezer too. 

With temperatures anywhere from below zero, to the teens, it warmed me up, and will hopefully help my body fight off this sickness that creeped in on me. 

Today, there is another 2 hour school delay.  Again, bone chilling temperatures.  Again, we have frozen pipes.  I hope we have enough in jugs to water the horse, chickens, goats, dogs and cats. 

Comments

AaaCK!

I feel your pain. Having cold and allergy symptoms (the head congestion is the worst for me) and frigid temps...is bad enough. But the frozen pipes...awful. I don't know what's more irritating, frozen pipes or the gushing water (and possible damage) after the thaw.

hope this turns out well for you on all accounts.
Pat
Katmom said…
hey Kris, I too can sympathize with you..... hang in there girlie,,, you'll get through it...
As for the frozen pipes... yikes!
Blessings....
EMMA said…
Oh my dear, you are having a hard time of things!
Hope you are managing to stay warm and get some rest.
Our pipes also froze last week but fortunately not for too long, hope yours un-freeze soon and there is no damage to the pipes.
Hugs
Emma
Candy C. said…
We had frozen pipes at the barn with our cold last week and actually had one pipe burst.
I hope you get to feeling better soon, that soup ought to help! :)
Unknown said…
Have you ever thought about having your home tested for mold/mildew, etc? I can creat a lot of sinus/allergy/infection issues. I take 2000 ius a day of vitamin D daily and it really cuts down on the infections... Hope you feel better!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart