Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 28, 2012

Quick Homemade Barbeque Sauce


I have been contemplating whether or not to can barbeque sauce this year.  

I put southern style ribs in the crock-pot and topped it with one canned jar of homemade grape jelly, and one jar of home canned ketchup.


I typically do this for meatballs, but use apricot jelly instead.


However, this tasted pretty good.  As long as I can both of these, I won't need to can barbeque sauce. It is a sweeter taste, so if you want spicy, you'll need to add heat with a spice.


No comments: