Skip to main content

From the Handiwork/Crafting Journal

Painted several watercolor journal pages.  The top left one (in the photo to the right) was done by my 10 year-old daughter, and also the one with two flowers and no title (I later added the word "Grow" on it).  The barn one was started by me, but finished by my 15 year-old daughter.  I'm not an artist, but we had a lot of fun.



Decoupaged two journals - one for writing and our homesteading journal.  The second one isn't finished yet.


Made a pair of earrings.


I finally cut several cereal boxes and had them made into notebooks for the Farmer's Market.  I've had these boxes sitting in my craft supplies for over a year now.

I added a few easy embellishments to some pages in my camping journal. 


Crocheted another pot holder set for the Farmer's Market.  I used a different stitch this time.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I love those journal/notebooks you made with the cereal boxes! Did you glue on top of a regular notebook or did you make it all with the spiral wire and everything? If so...how? Very cute and practical and "green".
I think you are all artists as I couldn't draw or paint that good. And I love the pattern on the potholders. They look really sturdy! You amaze me with all you get done.
Unknown said…
I love your cereal covers, how cute, not that I personally eat that kind of stuff :)
The notebooks are made with cereal boxes by themselves, with blank sheets in between. I had them bound by a printing company. I don't own a binder machine myself, but they are fun to make. We don't eat this cereal either, but ask others to save them for us. For this size I needed the over sized cereal box.
Candy C. said…
I love your watercolor journal pages and if those cereal box notebooks DON'T sell, then I just don't know what will!!
EMMA said…
I remember a discussion long ago in college about what can be classed as art (we were talking about purely visual art) and I held/hold the view that if it's pleasing to the eye, whether the eye belong to an art critic or not, then it's art! You (and your children) make such lovely things which are very pleasing to the eye, so in my opinion you are artists!!
I do wish I could come to your farmers market!! our local market is overpriced and touristy(sp?)
Nancy Jo said…
Kris,
I see you are keeping busy as usual. Good ideas and pictures for your journal. Also looks like you are getting lots of good stuff from your garden. Always fun to come and see what you are up to.
Nancy Jo

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart