Skip to main content

Fresh Dill and Cucumber Salad with Honey

I found this easy recipe to use my garden fresh cucumbers and fresh dill weed.  It's delicious, natural and healthy.


Fresh Dill and Cucumber Salad
 (From Clean Eating Magazine, July 2012, page 70)

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp. raw honey
1 tsp. safflower oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup fresh dill fronds, roughly chopped 
5 to 6 cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick

Whisk vinegar, honey, oil, garlic, and salt.  Stir in dill.   Add cucumber and toss to coat.

Original recipes states to transfer cucumbers to a wide, shallow resealable container, arranging slices in a spiral starting in the center and moving outwards in an expanding circle, overlapping if necessary. Pour any remaining dressing over top, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  Serve cold.  

Can be made up to 3 days in advance.

Note:  I simply tossed it all in a bowl, and gave the container a shake when I was in the fridge, every now and then. 

My husband and I loved this.  Slowly, I am getting the kids to eat more cucumbers.

Comments

Unknown said…
That sounds similar to a french cuke salad I make- cukes, white wine vinegar, a little sugar and dill. Great on a hot day!
Candy C. said…
Yum, I love fresh dill! :)
Michelle said…
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I am doing another game and giveaway.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so that I could hop over to "meet ya"! This dill cucumber salad sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart