Skip to main content

High Winds Rip Barn Roofing Off

The opposite side of this barn (same end) has roofing missing from the tornado winds that came through about 2 years ago.  


We have plans to have this barn torn down, but first we have to buy 300 ft of goat fencing, poles and supplies for stalls.  Oh...and we need a bit more new roofing for the barn the goats will be moved to.

This is happening sooner that we expected.  The wind was coming out of the north and was peeling the roofing right off.

....sigh.

We've got some work cut out for us.  Not to mention finding work so we can finance this project.

Today's Bible verse:  
1) 12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12 (ESV)

A Year of Quotes:
(I totally forgot to keep sharing quotes...tsk tsk)

Here's one for today:

"To create one's own world takes courage."  ~Georgia O'Keefe 

Comments

Kim said…
I will say a prayer that your needs be provided for. Is it possible to recycle any of the lumber needed from this barn or perhaps some of the tin?
SPH said…
Nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award - stop by my blog for details!
Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
Nasty roof!

looks like a giant can opener was used on it.

hope you're able to get the goat barn financed. It will come, you're an industrious lot!

Pat
Candy C. said…
What a mess, hope it doesn't get worse with the next storm!
Sam I Am...... said…
Sorry about your barn roof. There are people who pay good money for old barn wood. You might be able sell the metal for money too. Looks like a gold mine to me! I'd take your time and dismantle it and sell everything separately and I bet you could make a good amount or reuse the wood for the next barn. You'd be surprised what people pay for old barn salvage.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart