Skip to main content

Joey is in Heaven

A very sad evening here today.

Our oldest dog alerted my 15 year-old daughter that a cat was inside the tote.  We have two totes on their sides, filled with dry bedding for the barn cats to keep warm.

When my daughter checked the tote, she found Joey.  He was already gone.  

Most likely he was hit by a car.   He walked himself to the house and went into the tote.  He rested there until he went to Heaven.

There is a blog that was written about him:  The Little Orange Cat the Could 

Joey was loved and will be greatly missed.  

We love you Joey!  

Comments

Unknown said…
Sorry for your loss, it's always so hard...
Carolyn said…
I'm so very, very sorry to hear that Joey went on to his next adventure so soon.
labbie1 said…
So sorry to hear about Joey! It's hard to lose a loved pet. So glad he was able to get home and be warm and dry at the end.
Michelle said…
I am so sorry. It's really hard when you lose a pet.
Candy C. said…
I'm sorry Kristina. It's always hard when we lose one of our beloved pets.
I am so very sorry for your Loss but Joey will always be in your hearts and memories, nothing can take that from you. Love and Light to you and your family
EMMA said…
Sorry to hear about Joey!
Nancy Jo said…
Oh, I'm so sorry about your kitty, how sad. I just love kitties. I've had two orange ones while growing up. My last Kittie was a gray tabby, lots of fur, I still miss her.
Nancy JO
Nancy said…
I'm so sorry. It's really amazing how animals possess a piece of your heart.

Nancy
www.liveasavorylife.com
Katmom said…
Oh Kristina, I am sooo very sorry to hear of your loss...
Furbabies bring a specialness to our lives.
hugz
Sam I Am...... said…
Kristina I am SO sorry about Joey. I hope you get this because I am behind on your blog and today is 3/2. we've lost pets over the years and it seems the older I get the harder it gets. Maybe that's why people who love animals stop getting them after they get older. It's so hard to go through that. My prayers to you and your family and for Joey...lucky Joey to have people love him like you all did.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart