Skip to main content

Joey is in Heaven

A very sad evening here today.

Our oldest dog alerted my 15 year-old daughter that a cat was inside the tote.  We have two totes on their sides, filled with dry bedding for the barn cats to keep warm.

When my daughter checked the tote, she found Joey.  He was already gone.  

Most likely he was hit by a car.   He walked himself to the house and went into the tote.  He rested there until he went to Heaven.

There is a blog that was written about him:  The Little Orange Cat the Could 

Joey was loved and will be greatly missed.  

We love you Joey!  

Comments

Unknown said…
Sorry for your loss, it's always so hard...
Carolyn said…
I'm so very, very sorry to hear that Joey went on to his next adventure so soon.
labbie1 said…
So sorry to hear about Joey! It's hard to lose a loved pet. So glad he was able to get home and be warm and dry at the end.
Michelle said…
I am so sorry. It's really hard when you lose a pet.
Candy C. said…
I'm sorry Kristina. It's always hard when we lose one of our beloved pets.
I am so very sorry for your Loss but Joey will always be in your hearts and memories, nothing can take that from you. Love and Light to you and your family
EMMA said…
Sorry to hear about Joey!
Nancy Jo said…
Oh, I'm so sorry about your kitty, how sad. I just love kitties. I've had two orange ones while growing up. My last Kittie was a gray tabby, lots of fur, I still miss her.
Nancy JO
Nancy said…
I'm so sorry. It's really amazing how animals possess a piece of your heart.

Nancy
www.liveasavorylife.com
Katmom said…
Oh Kristina, I am sooo very sorry to hear of your loss...
Furbabies bring a specialness to our lives.
hugz
Sam I Am...... said…
Kristina I am SO sorry about Joey. I hope you get this because I am behind on your blog and today is 3/2. we've lost pets over the years and it seems the older I get the harder it gets. Maybe that's why people who love animals stop getting them after they get older. It's so hard to go through that. My prayers to you and your family and for Joey...lucky Joey to have people love him like you all did.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart