Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Homemade Egg Noodles

Our homemade egg noodles are
in the drying process.  I did get some advice from my Aunt, who told me to make sure they are completely dry before cook with them.  I decided that I will store the dry noodles in canning jars.


I used my pizza cutter to cut the noodles and it worked great.  I am going to experiment with thick and thin style noodles.  And no, I don't use a noodle maker (yet).  I mixed, and rolled these with a rolling pin.

The pioneers, may have opted to hang noodles to dry them.  I will be flipping my noodles during the drying process to avoid any possible mold.

We cut the noodles into thinner strips, after the above photo was taken.

No comments: