Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Freezing for Winter and Spring

Today, I shredded and froze 12 cups of zucchini, and left 2 cups on the side for 2 loaves of zucchini bread.  I also froze 1 qt. of tomatoes.  After that I took the green beans I picked and boiled them with potatoes and added crumbled bacon.  I also took our last Kohlrabi, and made a terrific Frittata.  I even added swiss chard to it.

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love fritatta!!!! It will be great when you can enjoy your garden veggies in the winter.