Today, I shredded and froze 12 cups of zucchini, and left 2 cups on the side for 2 loaves of zucchini bread. I also froze 1 qt. of tomatoes. After that I took the green beans I picked and boiled them with potatoes and added crumbled bacon. I also took our last Kohlrabi, and made a terrific Frittata. I even added swiss chard to it.
The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments