Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reaction to Cutting Zucchini and Eggplant

Well, I'm not the only one, according to the Internet, to have a reaction after cutting up summer squash. My hands are burning, red, raw, peeling, and itching. In the last 2 days I've cut up zucchini, eggplant, spaghetti squash, turnips and beets. I'm betting it's the squash. I put Burt's Bee's hand cream 4 times last night. I'm just about out too. And I'm considering making zucchini brownies for everyone at dinner or after school.

No comments: