Skip to main content

Kittens, Chaos, and School Fees

Well, it's come to the point where we are needing to make a decision. One or both of the kittens killed the goldfish last night, one messed on the floor, and both of them destroyed my room last night. Evidently they think it's the main playground for their rambunctious lives. I know they would both be good mousers, even though they are males. The seek to destroy.

The girls are already outside giving poor "Caspian" a proper funeral. Cat claw marks are evident on the poor little guys sides.

Today I have the joy of paying $105.00 in school fees for 3 kids. Plus, I get the joy of paying a student fee for my son, who does not even attend the school. He's bussed to a career center school, but because we are in this school's district, I am required to pay a $7.00 student fee and a $1.00 guidance fee. Evidently, some of it goes to pay for the prom. I had no idea that, we the parents, are paying for that.

The kids have now managed to destroy the PS3. It's probably a good thing, now that school is starting. It is way to expensive to replace it, so if they want a new one, they need to find a job and buy it themselves. The best part is that I don't' have to worry about it monopolizing their free time. Now they can find more time to be creative and spend more time applying for jobs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart