Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 31, 2009

Freezing Turnips

I'll be pulling all of the remaining turnips, blanching and freezing them tonight. If the good Lord blesses us, we'll have more zucchini to blanch and freeze also. Maybe even beets.

I am making the eggplant/zucchini casserole tonight, but instead of whole wheat spaghetti noodles, I am using baked spaghetti squash. The kids don't like the squash that much, so it's a good way to sneak it in. I hope it tastes good.

I cannot wait to grow this bountiful garden again, and of course with God's blessing.

No comments: