Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An abundance of zucchini and daily rambling

I just started the baking zucchini pancake receipe x 6. I still have zucchini for dinner as well. I'm not sure yet what I will do with it. I am usually on target and have meals planned for the week. It will take a while to make the pancakes, so I am reading my school work in between flipping pancakes, and also while the washer is going.

I have a feeling that road work is about to start on the 2-lane highway in front of the house. I keep seeing men in florescent colors measuring, driving back and forth, planting sticks with bright pink flags, and even measuring from the road to the trees and barn. Out of curiosity I almost went out and asked what they were doing. Wouldn't you? If you saw 3 men walking a great distance onto your property, you might too.

The kittens think my "hippy" skirt is a play toy today. They never did it before, but today they are playing with the hem of it. To them it's probably a moving target.

Four pancakes made, and about 100 to go. Unfortunately, I do not own a griddle. Maybe I can add that to the family wish list.

No comments: