Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, May 11, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

Over the last few days I made a double batch of onion soup (ball recipe) for the freezer. I'm happy to restock on such nasty cold weather days here.

Our grad daughter has now mailed out 13 letters of positivity, and has received two special delivery baskets full of grad gifts.  Graduation will happen the end of May.  We will all line up outside 10 feet apart, be called into the gym one at a time so each can receive their diploma and it will be filmed live on social media for others to watch.

Even though I covered my plants, the asparagus got hit hard with the low temps.  Several new stalks are completely wilted over.  So sad about this.  Not sure yet if I will get any more and I'm worried about the ones just coming up now.  We will get more cold weather today and tomorrow.




I got a "honk, honk" ditch the other day.  We don't have a door bell (instead we have the dogs).  A friend dropped off a bag of birthday gifts for me and it included an adult beverage.






I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom today.



The weather outside is . . .

High of 49, low of 33°F

How I am feeling this morning . . .
Tired, yet can't sleep.

On my mind . . .
The garden plants that are suffering through this strange cold May weather.  

On the breakfast plate . . .
No idea.  I may be back to update this.

On my reading pile . . .
I haven't been reading lately.

On my TV . . . 
Whatever we find on Amazon Prime lately.
On the menu this week . . .
-corn chowder, homemade garlic muffins
-chicken salad sandwiches, 
-beef enchiladas, corn (still on the menu, never got made)
-sheet pan dinner with smoked turkey sausage and veggies
-snacks, banana bread, coffee cake


From the camera . . .



Looking around the house . . .
I have been blessed with many birthday and Mother's day gifts.


To relax this week I will . . .
Crochet

On my prayer list . . .
Our country and for this virus to end so we can all get back to a normal, healthy life.





14 comments:

Wildflower Adventures said...

I'm having the same difficulties with my asparagus. I got 2 little messes & not sure if there will be more this year. 18 degrees here this morning. The grads here are doing a parade around town on live facebook & getting their diplomas. Later in June an actual graduation ceremony is planned.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

wildflower Adventures, we had a real graduation planned late June, but I guess they changed their minds about it.

Jean said...

They moved the graduations around here all the way out to July except one county over in Kansas is doing it at drive-in movie theater (pretty creative). Looks like you were treated to a beautiful sunrise as well. Hope it warms up for you and that you have a fantastic week!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Our weather is super strange too. I've never still had plants inside this late. Let's hope it all evens out so we can get back to normal gardening.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean several schools in our area are doing the drive thru at the football field, at the drive in or virtual.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Joanna, you are right on that one. My bedroom (best sunlight) is looking like a greenhouse right about now ha ha!

Luludou said...

How nice they will be able to have a graduation anyways! Love the grad gifts and your birthday gift.
Have a great week

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday and Mothers day. Sorry to read about the asparagus, hope you haven't lost too much. The weather here is up and down too with a flurry of snow on Sunday, strange times with strange weather.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Luludou

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile, the weather has been troublesome again this spring.

threesidesofcrazy said...

How wonderful that they have found a way to still have graduation! CONGRATULATIONS to her! Have a GREAT week.

Monique G. said...

Our temps here have been crazy too. This has been the coldest April and May I can remember. Hope your plants do well. I haven't even planted ours outside yet. Have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks threesidesofcrazy

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Monique, it has been very strange weather indeed