One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 7, 2017

Vanilla ~ Muffins ~ Pampering Myself

Homemade vanilla extract was refilled.  I go through it very quickly at this homestead.  However, as gardening season sets in, I won't have all this time to bake with (probably a good thing).



Enjoying another batch of homemade English muffins.  These don't have a lot of "nooks" and "crannies" but they are delicious.  The trick is to only knead the dough a few minutes to keep it soft.


And just so you know I am taking time for myself, and pampering myself I took that last glass of bubbly (from the pea dish night) and took it to the bathroom.... 

....and had a nice relaxing soak in the tub with essential oils.  I had some candles burning and rejuvenated my body and soul. Momentarily.

Today's it's back to that tile floor.  

Or not.

6 comments:

Rain said...

Hmmm...that would be me "...or not"...likely NOT. :) I go through lots of vanilla extract here too, I need to make my own. I do have vanilla beans...there is just so much to think about, so many things I want to stop buying, but I get overwhelmed really easily. I should keep a list of what I'd like to home-make and tackle them one at a time. I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing bath. I do the same with a glass of wine a few times a week, it really rejuvenates! :)

Mama Pea said...

I could eat one of those English muffins slathered with butter right now!

Kristina said...

Rain, I am typically one to put myself last, and this year I am devoted to put myself up a notch.

Kristina said...

Mama Pea, the muffins are pretty darn good. I love the fact the recipe only contains 1 Tbsp. of honey. Yum.

Sam I Am...... said...

Good for you! Self-care is important! I haven't made anymore muffins as I can barely keep up now that everything is growing like weeds outside and most of them are weeds! Yours look perfect!

Kristina said...

Thanks Sam I Am, I need to let the dough rise more during the first rise next time. I was sort of in a hurry. Like you said, "barely keep up." So much to do now.