One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, January 19, 2017

What's goin' on in the kitchen?

Bread baking has resumed.

 I made a batch of flourless brownies too.


One of my breakfast dishes lately - eggs, homemade bread with homemade sweet potato butter.

We have ample supply of blueberries, so I pulled some to make cookies.  I didn't have lemon zest in my freezer, so I used some homemade lemon extract.


Mmm!  Ginger tea and blueberry cookies. 


 I still have a good supply of pumpkin.  



I pulled some for a pumpkin/sage macaroni dish.  And some garden green beans. Thankfully, I was smart enough to freeze mozzarella cheese.  I had to use organic rotini noodles.  It's what I had in stock, but it worked nicely.

Tonight's dinner?  Breakfast - blueberry pancakes, bacon and potatoes with peppers and onion.

 

3 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Everything looks yummy! I made pumpkin butter a few years ago and didn't care for it compared to apple butter so I'm not sure I would care for sweet potato either but then never say never. It was good but I just prefer the apple. I love breakfast for supper! Have you ever made your own cheese? I would think with your goats you would have a great supply of goat milk? I got one of those kits but haven't tried it yet. It is supposed to be very easy; especially the soft cheeses. The cupcakes look good but I'm not a big chocolate fan either...I know, what's wrong with me, right? I may be the only woman on the planet that is not a chocolate fiend. When I make chocolate chip cookies I use very few chocolate chips! LOL! But lots of nuts.....that says it all....I'm a squirrel!

Sam I Am...... said...

P.S. Have you seen 5 Acres and a Dream's bundle of self-sufficiency books on sale? YOu can reach her from my blog, on the side bar. I'm not sure I can resist even though I won't use them until I move but what great info! I ends the 23rd I think.

Kristina said...

Sam I Am, thank you. I'll zip over and take a look.