One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Hubby's Shopping Trip

While I was shopping for school clothing and supplies, Hubby was on his way home from work.  However, he stopped to shop also.




Look what he brought home - a nice canoe for us.

He can't lie on the cost.  He accidentally bumped the button on his phone to call me.  I heard the entire sale on the phone.  When he got home, I asked what he paid for it.  He he!  He tried to tell me a lower amount, but turned red when I told him I heard the entire conversation, ha ha.  Busted! 

Even so, I still spent more then he did.  Now he's acting like a kid who just got his first skate board.  The girls are already digging out their fishing vests and poles too.  I'm looking forward to a relaxing row through the lake or river.

Now I have some leverage on getting things done around here.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my, I see fun on the horizon! You all deserve it.

EMMA said...

Truly busted!!! that's so funny!!
have fun in your new canoe!

Mama Pea said...

What fun! I can see this new purchase will add all the more reasons for getting out in your camper . . . parked by a lovely lake, of course!

P.S. Modern technology can cause all kinds of problems . . . even for husbands!

RB said...

Funny he tried to fib on the cost.
Have fun, but be careful. Canoes are dangerous.
God bless.
RB
<><