Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 10, 2015

Camping Trip!

Hubby was so excited to try out the new canoe, he hooked up the camper a night earlier than we had planned, and away we went. 



Each kiddo got a chance to test it out and as I say, "give it a whirl."  They do like it.  Son joined up for a row in the lake too.


We can't wait to visit other areas now, and do more fishing. Two of the girls tried out their fishing gear, but didn't catch anything this trip.


The campground was pretty busy, but it completely empty 
by Sunday.  We had the entire place to ourselves. 




We brought along books, word search, sudoku, zentangle and playing cards.


Pooch slept off his afternoon anxiety.  He was so upset when his "Mom" was out in the canoe and he could not be out there with her.  We filmed it for her. 



Mosquitoes were out in full force, but a fire helped keep them away.

It was too humid to handle large handiwork projects, so I opted for smaller ones.  I had to chuckle about the name on the yarn that particular day.  Hubby was fishing with daughter, while I was back at "base camp" reading my Hemingway (Islands in the stream) book about the how certain characters were out fishing for six hours trying to reel in a swordfish, and the name on the yarn is "Ahoy" ombre.  Then I looked up and I read "Clipper" on the camper side.  Kind of a fishing day, but they didn't catch anything.  Not even the characters in the book.  Sorry if I spoiled that for you.

Hubby even encouraged me to tug this bag along (scrap crochet blanket project).  Just in case we got rained out and I needed fun stuff to work on inside the camper.  Trust me, I had no problems finding something relaxing to do, ha ha!



We had a cardinal that visited our camper many times and gave us a little singing show.




We had a full camper this trip (kids and a dog), and we are starting to get things organized in it.  Just a few more things needed for the next trip.

We had terrible humidity the last day, and it fogged up my camera lens.  We had a wonderful time anyway, and can't wait to go again.

We camped close to home, so I could check on animals if needed,  freeze more blueberries, and pick tomatoes.





10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I don't think I know of anyone who enjoys camping like you folks do! Glad to hear you had such a good time. Even a short getaway can be fun and energizing . . . while being relaxing at the same time!

Michelle said...

We also have to camp close to home . Like you we have animals that depend on us ,but it still feels good to get away once in a while. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, we really do enjoy it, and now the kids are in heaven with this canoe too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Michelle, it sure feels good to get away. That's for sure.

Susan said...

What a great way to spend a weekend! We used to go canoeing when I was young and we loved it. Sounds like you have some great places close by - another plus!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I'm not sure who is happier,the kids or Hubby. He's like a little kid again, ha ha! Of course, I am all for stocking up my freeze with fish too.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Great photos of your family time. Sounds like it was a very nice camping trip. So sweet and a little sad for your dog stressing over you. Aren't dogs just something!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

GratefulPrayer, we actually considered putting Jesse in the canoe, but we thought he might get excited and tip cause it to flip over. He does love to go camping though.

RB said...

Sounds just wonderful, and something you will all remember for a long time.
You sound a bit like me maybe in that my hands must be busy all the time, or I'm snacking - and needlework has less calories than food does. LOL
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, handiwork definitely keeps my hands from snacking, ha ha!