Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 4, 2014

It's a Girl ~ The Desk ~ Books ~ Allergies


Misty had a doeling.  Once we have daylight, I'll go out and get a photo to share (updated now).  This is the end of our kidding season.  It rained heavily all day yesterday and it continues to rain this morning.  It's been pretty gloomy and dark out.  School is delayed 2 hours - fog.

Just a reminder:  Be sure to click on "read more" in my posts, to read the full blog post.


 Before

After

Another "ah" moment on the homestead. Removing all the unsightliness will make this year much better. 

Hubby, although reluctant after working 12 hour days all week, installed the larger cabinet last night.  I still have to paint the doors and install them, but today I can start filling the cabinets, organizing, purging, and cleaning.  


* * * *

Books.  I have a lot of them.  I have given some away, and donated some.  It's been nice getting my bookshelves in order as well.  I have a better idea of what I have on my shelves now.  There have been many times I have found two of the same book.

A few weeks back I was working on one bookshelf.  My oldest daughter said something like "I'm still not sure what I want to do with my life."  

"Wait!" I responded eagerly, "I think I have a book for that!"  Of course we laughed. They know how many books I own.

Last night my 14 year-old was working on homework.

"Mom, how do you interview someone?"

"Wait!"  I responded, "I have a book for that!"  And I did.


  * * * * *

The heavy rain is irritating my allergies.  We also turned on the pellet burner last night.  I woke up to red, burning and a very painfully itching in my eyes.  Needless to day, the drops are not working.  I'll be researching more essential oils for this problem.   I refuse to be miserable this year.  In the past, I have purchased an oil already mixed for allergies.  This year I may mix my own to see what works better.

 


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Too funny!
Hope you find a cure for your allergies. We are all boogery and sneezy here. The pollen is high right now.
Congratulations of the new baby!!!!

Kim said...

Have you every used Allergen Block? I buy it from ebay and I love it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Kim, thank you for that tip!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Kelly. She is almost identical to the others that Peanut had.