One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 9, 2011

Handmade Ornaments ~ Just a Few More

Made with a wooden honey dipper covered with glue and beads and glitter.  Click on "read more" to see the rest of the post.



 Another version of one I posted already.

Sugar Cookies (another version of one posted already).

 Beaded snowflakes made with beads and silver chenille stems.


A simple puzzle piece wreath made by painting old puzzle pieces, gluing them together, and adding red beads and a bow.


Made with a round piece of plastic canvas, yarn, gluing a few strings of beads, and adding one bead in the center.


A simple wreath made by stringing beads onto a chenille stem and adding a bow.


Candy cane made with beads on a red chenille stem.


Made with cutting felt pieces and interlocking the but portions.  I sewed on a tiny bead with a sequin underneath the bead.

Did I mention I love to make ornaments? He he he!   

When I was in the 6th grade (back when the 6th grade was in elementary school), Mom bought a us a quilling pattern to quill snowflake ornaments.  I made one for my teacher for Christmas that year, and I still have one some where around here.  I'll have to look for it in the boxes.  Or.....maybe I could dig the pattern out and teach the kids quilling this winter break?  It's been a while since I have done any quilling.

For years, I also made several of my handmade ornaments for entire elementary classes.  Each one was then wrapped for each student.  One year I embroidered each child's name onto embroidery material, and glued it to a tiny stocking, edged with rick rack.  This is my last year for a child to be in elementary and I did not make any for the class this year.  But that's okay too.  I had many good years of sharing.

No comments: