Skip to main content

Handmade Ornaments ~ Just a Few More

Made with a wooden honey dipper covered with glue and beads and glitter.  Click on "read more" to see the rest of the post.



 Another version of one I posted already.

Sugar Cookies (another version of one posted already).

 Beaded snowflakes made with beads and silver chenille stems.


A simple puzzle piece wreath made by painting old puzzle pieces, gluing them together, and adding red beads and a bow.


Made with a round piece of plastic canvas, yarn, gluing a few strings of beads, and adding one bead in the center.


A simple wreath made by stringing beads onto a chenille stem and adding a bow.


Candy cane made with beads on a red chenille stem.


Made with cutting felt pieces and interlocking the but portions.  I sewed on a tiny bead with a sequin underneath the bead.

Did I mention I love to make ornaments? He he he!   

When I was in the 6th grade (back when the 6th grade was in elementary school), Mom bought a us a quilling pattern to quill snowflake ornaments.  I made one for my teacher for Christmas that year, and I still have one some where around here.  I'll have to look for it in the boxes.  Or.....maybe I could dig the pattern out and teach the kids quilling this winter break?  It's been a while since I have done any quilling.

For years, I also made several of my handmade ornaments for entire elementary classes.  Each one was then wrapped for each student.  One year I embroidered each child's name onto embroidery material, and glued it to a tiny stocking, edged with rick rack.  This is my last year for a child to be in elementary and I did not make any for the class this year.  But that's okay too.  I had many good years of sharing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart