Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 9, 2011

Handmade Ornaments ~ Just a Few More

Made with a wooden honey dipper covered with glue and beads and glitter.  Click on "read more" to see the rest of the post.



 Another version of one I posted already.

Sugar Cookies (another version of one posted already).

 Beaded snowflakes made with beads and silver chenille stems.


A simple puzzle piece wreath made by painting old puzzle pieces, gluing them together, and adding red beads and a bow.


Made with a round piece of plastic canvas, yarn, gluing a few strings of beads, and adding one bead in the center.


A simple wreath made by stringing beads onto a chenille stem and adding a bow.


Candy cane made with beads on a red chenille stem.


Made with cutting felt pieces and interlocking the but portions.  I sewed on a tiny bead with a sequin underneath the bead.

Did I mention I love to make ornaments? He he he!   

When I was in the 6th grade (back when the 6th grade was in elementary school), Mom bought a us a quilling pattern to quill snowflake ornaments.  I made one for my teacher for Christmas that year, and I still have one some where around here.  I'll have to look for it in the boxes.  Or.....maybe I could dig the pattern out and teach the kids quilling this winter break?  It's been a while since I have done any quilling.

For years, I also made several of my handmade ornaments for entire elementary classes.  Each one was then wrapped for each student.  One year I embroidered each child's name onto embroidery material, and glued it to a tiny stocking, edged with rick rack.  This is my last year for a child to be in elementary and I did not make any for the class this year.  But that's okay too.  I had many good years of sharing.

No comments: