One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin-Apple Butter

I managed to make my very first batch of Pumpkin-Apple Butter, and we all love it.  I had been buying Apple butter from the orchard, but have now taken the time to make it myself.  I like the pumpkin in it too.  Who knows, maybe my family will be getting a small jar for Christmas too.
I made 4 1/2 pints to give this recipe a try.  I will definitely be making this recipe again.

The recipe is a crock pot recipe, and is in the book Creating the Happiest of Holidays, book 2, by Leisure Arts.

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Sounds delicious! What a wonderful, seasonal gift!!!