Pushing myself to be more responsible with my time, I had read about Five Minute Friday, from another blog (My Shasta Home), and felt drawn to participate. Not my usual post, and in the future, I may be creating a different platform for my writing (short story, novel writing etc.)
I am late in publishing the five minutes to write (with a one word prompt), but you are getting the post now. Lucky you.
First things first, I started to spend way too much time on the internet with social media scrolling. Not posting, but scrolling. You know how so much there can influence us right? The latest and greatest way to organize, new books to read, herbal tea recipes and such? Don't get me started on recipes. I am a recipe hoarder, and have really cut that back. However, I still woke up groggy and the scrolling was with my morning coffee.
I bought myself a devotional while out on a weekend getaway. It's title is "Digital Detox Devotions" from Barbour publishing. It was just what I needed too. No more wasted hours. I started there, with being more responsible with my morning routine, my time, and how much time I created for my writing.
The garden exploded, and life swept me away again. My mornings started with slicing and dicing, saucing and canning, and I let myself become too busy to read or write.
Don't get me wrong. Canning up and preserving the garden is a responsible job, but I let it burn me out this year. The upkeep of the entire house is my responsibility, add to the garden and all the food processing that comes with it. However, this year, my husband stepped in and helped every time he could, which made me realize I never asked for help.
I have learned a valuable lesson this year, and that lesson is to not let pressure of responsivity burn myself out, and to ask for help. He can always say no, but more so, he can also say yes. Responsibility can be a heavy burden if you let it.
Responsible © September 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments