Cherry tomatoes are selling for $5 a quart right now. We planted a few plants this season. However one of the plants were knocked all the way down in one of the recent storms here. I re-staked it, but it's looking very iffy. Regardless, we are getting cherry tomatoes thankfully.
We have made roasted cherry tomato sauce in the past, but this year, I made us this . . .
Cherry Tomato Salsa. It was very good, and we will be making it more often during the garden season. Making salsa from our home grown cherry tomatoes is a "first" time event for us this year.
It is much like a Pico.
You need 1 1/2 pounds of cherry tomatoes. Ours are somewhat larger, and very delicious this year.
I put them in my food processor and pulsed them about 12-14 times. The tomatoes were chunked, but not purreed.
I also let them drain for 15 minutes with a pinch of salt. To that in a bowl, I added fresh garlic, home grown jalapeno, freshly cut (home grown) cilantro, white onion, freshly squeezed lime juice and salt.
The recipe with exact measurements, is online at Heartbeet Kitchen, called "Garden Fresh Cherry Tomato Salsa."
We devoured this. I was shocked at how good it was with cherry tomatoes. Of course the garlic is the show in this recipe, and we only used one clove (not from the store garlic is very potent). We bought our garlic local this year, due to not planting it last year. We will be planting it this fall however.
Either way, it's a total win for us, as it makes a small batch recipe, and it would be perfect for chicken or beef tacos, as well as an appetizer. Perfect way to enjoy your cherry tomato harvest.
Cherry Tomatoes ~ Cherry Tomato Salsa © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments