Skip to main content

Warm Up


 We are finally out of the deep freeze, and on the way to a warm up.  The last time I brought in 5 eggs, they were all completely frozen (and cracked, sigh....).

Home repairs are resuming, and supplies purchased. I've already broke out the spackle and putty knife. We had to purchase a tub wrench to remove the tub drain, but it was not too expensive.  Thank goodness for so many YouTube tutorials on repairs and whatnot.

Purging continues with clothing, and other items.  I'm purging the pantry too.  Little by little we are getting organized again, and using up what needs used up.  I found a bag of lemongrass ginger herbal bulk tea, so it's being brewed and enjoyed.  

Errands are much more enjoyable with the warmer weather now.  

Warm Up  ©  February 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart



Comments

Jeanna said…
Oh the joys of home ownership. There is always some sort of maintenance or repair that needs doing. I'm still organizing my way through craft supplies...it is going to be a while. We finally hit the 60s F here today. Will it stay?
Glad you're finally warming up. That's too bad about the eggs.
Glad life is warming up for you. I can't imagine the cold that will freeze eggs. Don't want to imagine it either.
Betsy said…
Getting lots done and spring fever may be hitting? Ha! We had 73F yesterday! Unheard of and broke records. We enjoyed it.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Jeanna, yep. Homes are in constant need of care. Wow. Your weather sounds fantastic.
Debby, we haven't had this cold of weather, for this long since 1977, so it's a strange winter. I'm glad the eggs after that were not frozen. So glad for warmer weather.
Anne in the kitchen, we've had -20 degrees once before, but yes the eggs will freeze.
Betsy, I'll take your weather ha ha! We've been tackling work all winter long, so we can mark it off the "to-do" list before really good weather arrives.
Mother Em said…
Always wondered about frozen eggs? Are they still edible? What do you do with them as I'm sure it happens more than not! Yeah, Georgia is crazy with ups and way downs of this winter. So ready for spring to get out and work in the yard. Take care.
Mother Em, they are most of the time fine after thawing and if they are not cracked. I have not forgotten about the recipe. Will get that soon. I do have to locate it, ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart