Skip to main content

. . . from the handiwork journal


Finished this baby blanket.


 

These bookmarks are not a new project, but a "found" project I found tucked inside a container.  I have no idea how I made the flower part (I assume printed on cardstock and sealed using the library resources).  I simply crocheted the "string" part of them.  I honestly do not know why I made them, but they are stored in a bag to donate to the little library service program.  



I finished these 3 crocheted flower bookmarks (had them in parts for a while now).  I have added them to the service donations for the little libraries as well.


For those who crochet -  Something fun to share!  


Go to the National Park Service (on your computer or phone), and put in "crochet" in the search bar.  They have free crochet patterns for a Beaver, Lighthouse, Walleye, Saguaro Cactus, and a few more. Who knew? 

Comments

Betsy said…
Love the blanket! I have a purple and white one going now. The bookmarks are great and someone is going to love them. I'm definitely going to check out the website for the National Parks. We're driving across South Dakota right now, almost to Rapid City. Tonight we'll camp in Buffalo, WY and then tomorrow we'll get to see our son and our oldest two Grandkids. We are so excited to see them. It's been a year!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Jackie said…
All are lovely.

God bless.
Betsy, oh my goodness, have a fantastic trip. Can't wait to hear your updates. The sights and family sound so fun and adventurous.
Far Side of Fifty, thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart