Skip to main content

Smoke Haze in the Air

 




Although the cooler mornings have been nice, this is not  - wild fire smoke so thick it looks like fog. Cough, cough.  Why is it that this has happened only the last few years?  Growing up, we never (that I remember) had to deal with bad air quality.  It would have been a good day to open windows here.

Meanwhile I am trying to get caught up with everything that suffered in the last two weeks (it's not as bad as I thought), after planting the garden.  I'm struggling with blog content.  I may make it to the end of the year.  Maybe.  

Smoke Haze in the Air  ©  June 2025 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

That’s awful about the smoke. I know how bad that can be. So far, no fires near us and no smoke.It’s hard on the lungs.
Here is hoping the smoke clears quickly.
I blog when I feel like it and don't if I don't.
Debby @ My Shasta Home, it was bad all day long sadly.
Anne in the kitchen, it was pretty bad all day long. Thanks for the tip. I sort of feel obligated to my blog some days. I will keep that mindset.
We've got a little haze out South Dakota way as well!
We have the smoke here again today. We have the same as you almost 137 is our reading now. Years ago the Forest Service took better care of the Woodlands...so with their new practices we have more wildfires and more air pollution.
Betsy said…
We're heading back north and hoping some of the smoke has cleared since we left last week. It has been so rainy and humid since we've been down south that I haven't noticed any here.
Blessings
Betsy
Jim and Barb's Adventures, it was pretty bad here and still is a bit.
Far Side of Fifty, that makes sense. I don't remember ever seeing this growing up, and it's so bad for my eyes, throat etc. Especially my eyes.
Betsy, I sure hope it's cleared for you. Camping in this smoke haze would not be comfortable.
R's Rue, it is pretty rough to get outside work done, but hopefully the haze will lift soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart