Skip to main content

Deer ~ New Recipe Tried ~ Mini Flood

 


One day we spotted about 20 "dots" out in a field.  Sure enough it was a larger herd of deer.  The few photos I took were not that great, as they were way out in the field.  I am still looking to upgrade my camera.

New recipe tried.

Einkorn flour Greek yogurt pancakes.
Source online:  Peanut Butter Fingers (name of their site).

Love these, but be aware it makes a lot!  I froze the extras, and it will come in handy for busy mornings or mornings I need a quicker, healthy breakfast.  I added blueberries to ours (I freeze a lot of them in the summer).  Side these with scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, chicken or turkey "sausage" patties, fruit or eat them as they are.  Very filling, high in natural protein (no protein powder), and you can top them with your choice of topping.

I had gone to the kitchen to heat up a cup of tea and noticed water all over the utility room floor, and mostly from coming under the sink in there.  Hm.  Closer look, and we were not sure if the pipes were jostled by one of us, or worse, there was a leak in the wall.  Bingo!  Leak.  We shut off the water softener, until we can get the parts and repair the water line that works the water softener.  It happened before, but many years ago.  We already have an access in the wall to it, so at least that is making the repair easier to do.  I'm glad I kept all of our "dog" towels, because it took a lot of them to clean up the mini-flood.

Deer ~ New Recipe Tried ~ Mini Flood  © February 2025 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart


Comments

Betsy said…
Those pancaskes look delicious. Yum! Sorry about the mini-flood. Those are never fun. I've been looking at a spatzle maker on Amazon and tring to decide if I'll use it enough to justify buying it. I absolutely love spatzle and used to be able to get it when we when out to a german restaurant in Spokane but I can't find anywhere here that serves it. My German Grandma used to make it all of the time when I was growing up and I would much rather have it than potatos. It's not even expensive, I just hate not finding one at the thrift store.
Blessings,
Betsy
HIBISCUS HOUSE said…
The deer are beautiful, always so graceful. Those pancakes look delicious! Dolly
Oh no a water leak...hope you can get it fixed! The pancakes look great!
Betsy,. we have tried spatzle once in a restaurant, but it was served to us cold. I will have to look into that now. Thanks.
Far Side of Fifty, thanks. I hope to have an update soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart