Skip to main content

This and That

I keep a binder for printed recipes, that we make often, and I just don't have the room to hand write them on recipe cards.  I have had it open and sitting out for months now.

I have been working on removing any recipes we don't make any longer, and adding ones we currently do, and it's (yay!) back in it's proper place.

If feels good to get more done around here.  Here is more updates on home projects.


Window project:  The new window is installed, siding back up, window trimmed on the inside, drywall replaced, mudded/sanded and painted.  We still have one outlet to replace, but very happy with the progress.

In the process of this project, 3 flooring transition pieces were finally installed (after a year of the last guy not coming back to finish them).  Yay!

Office project:  The old desk was completely emptied, items sorted, some thrown out, some donated, and some given away.  An old lamp removed, and some wall hangings taken down.

An old broken bookshelf was purged, and both the old desk and bookshelf removed to dispose of thankfully.

Need a good laugh?  



I used to freelance write when the kids were very small, and I was sorting blank notebooks (left over from kids in school), and notebooks with writing articles in them.  I had to laugh, and laugh, when I glanced at the top page of one notebook.  It was a note from our youngest, from years ago.  I really, really needed a good laugh this season too.  

When I post "journal junkie" I was not kidding.  I had a journal to keep track of books I borrowed from the library (why? I have no idea), a journal for things I tried "new" (apparantly we ate sour cream and onion crickets at a library event back in 2009 maybe) and a journal for health remedies.  I literally had a huge stack of journals for almost everything.  A journal for favorite quotes from books I read.  The list goes on and on.  All in all, I found some very interesting writing.  There was much I could part with, but some I will read on snowy, cold days before recycling or keeping.

I uncovered my journaling Bible, which has been passed on to one of the kids now.  I have probably 5-6 different Bibles already.  She was thrilled to get it, and the pens with it.

Overall, it all needed to be purged, sorted and dealt with, and now it's off the to-do list. Now I have a ton of empty notebooks for grocery list writing, supply shopping list, or to-do list.

Oh, and the "office" job is not done quite yet.  I am purging more books (non-fiction), while the carpet is ripped out, and ceiling and walls painted.  The drywall in the storage area will be repaired and the room's floor trim painted as well. 

Knock on wood, it's all completed before Christmas.  In the meantime, we have other projects to complete.

This and That © December 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart



Comments

Betsy said…
It sounds like you're getting a LOT of work done around the house. And, oh my gosh, that's a bunch of journals too. I have never, ever been successful at journaling. So many women are good at it but not me. I'll start like gangbusters and then aftetr a week or two I'm done. lol
Blessings,
Betsy
Betsy that is exactly what happened to me. Too many journals, and not enough time for it. I do like to keep my travel journal, and realized I have not even written in that for years. Again, started them like you said, and sort of fell off the wagon so to speak.
I keep my blog as a journal and just one other monthly spiral book to keep track of other things bills paid, notes to self etc...you have been busy!!
Far Side of Fifty, that is a good idea for the blog itself. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart