Skip to main content

Sunset ~ The Other Rechargable Light Bulbs

 

We had the most beautiful sunset last night, but I just caught the tail end of the beauty.  My Mom used to text me whenever there was a photo worthy sunset, and tell me to go take photos of it (I'd be inside by then in the winter time).


These light bulbs are different from the ones we put in the old antique rose lamps (those you charge using a charge cord, and lamps do not need electrical cords).

I bought them at our area Menards (Lowes has something similar I believe).  You can either charge the bulb with the enclosed charge cord, or they self charge while installed in a lamp that runs on an electric cord.  If the power goes out, the charge goes into effect and works for so many hours.  You also get a remote control for the bulb, and an attachment to screw onto the bulb itself, in case you need to hang the bulb in another room if the power goes out.  It has a power button, with 3 light settings if you need to use the bulb in another room without the lamp itself.

Just sharing an update.  I charged both bulbs to make sure they worked, and they work great.  

Sunset ~ The Other Rechargeable Light Bulbs © December 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Faith said…
That is a stunning sunset, straight out of God's crayola box. I don't get to see sunset, but sunrises, and love to take pictures of them, they are once in a lifetime moments, will never be seen again. Thank you for letting me know the link for the cheesecake didn't work, I've found an old posting with it, and it will be in Monday Happy Homebody posting. I hope that link works.
I’ve been eyeing those bulbs - 💡 I’d like to start replacing my bulbs with some of these.
Because of your previous post about the rechargable bulbs I bought one for our screened porch. We have 2 specific conversation areas there and only one of them is near a plug. We do have overhead lighting and edison lights, but needed a little more light by the area with no outlets. I had an older floor lamp and had no use for it, and it is perfect for out there. Thank you so much for the "education".
BTW Son1 was here when the bulb came and he ordered one for his home office. He needed more lighting and a 100+ year old house never has enough outlets. I suspect he will be buying more of them.
Betsy said…
A beautiful sunset. Those bulbs sound interesting. I'd like to get a solar charging lamp for our table in the camper. I like the soft glow it puts out at night when we're outside and makes the inside look so welcoming.
Blessings,
Betsy
Faith I too see more sunrises, but caught this sunset. Thanks. I'll be watching for the recipe.
Debby, I found them at Lowe's and Menards, but they might be at other stores like Home Depot or even Walmart.
Anne in teh kitchen, that's great! I thought it was a genious idea for places with no outlets or very little outlets.
Betsy, I bought a few solar charging bulbs off Amazon, but when I got them, I realized that each bulb was a different brightness. I thought they were both the same light, so I will be buying another for the chicken coop.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart