Skip to main content

Nothing "Christmas" Going On (yet)

The newest tincture has been strained.  It's a "Sleep" tincture.  We have not tried it yet, not actually needed it (oddly).

While our handy-man continued working on the rest of the drywall sanding, painting and trim work, I baked us up some delicious beef and bean breakfast burritos (minus the rice).  I actually found a new seasoning recipe on YouTube, and will be using that for any future beef/bean burritos.  We loved it.  She calls the seasoning "All Around Seasoning" and it is perfect for the breakfast.


All Around Seasoning.  In case you are wondering, her burrito recipe is also on YouTube.

Speaking of YouTube, it's a handy resource for just about everything.  From Fix-It videos to "Fix" your body videos. I found myself needing stretching exercises, and I am amazed at how well they are working out for me.  As we get older, health issues can sometimes catch us off radar.

In light of how our bodies change (as we age), we have been looking for line dancing classes.  So far, the local classes have already taken place.  I think it will not only be fun, but keep us physically fit.  Hopefully, we will find something in the next few months or so.  There is no hurry, but the search has been a positive spin on life.



Dinner plans changed last night, and I was patiently waiting on my husband to get home from work.  Little did I know, that he stopped at a restaurant for a Christmas get together for work.  I was binge watching Christmas movies and in the midst of waiting, and finished this blanket.  It's larger than my typical lap afghans, and I do not have a zipper storage bag for it.  It's on the shopping list for now (the storage bag).

I plan to dig out a few Christmas cookie recipes today, but I can't promise anyone that they will be baked this year.  

Cookie baking is not off the radar, but we are still working on the old office room.  I can say, that the drywall, flooring, and all painting (including trim) is finally done.

New Recipe!  I mixed this together yesterday, and the recipe stated to chill it overnight.  I do believe I will be adding some feta cheese to it.  It does not have tomatoes.  It's a "dip" recipe for an appetizer or simply a snack.  It's definitely a bit different.  It does not have lemon juice nor lime in this one.  I'll be back with an update soon.

I did not get my Christmas cards out this year (I did find them ha ha!).  So far, we  have gotten two cards mailed to us.

We got about a half inch of snow last night.  I had plans to muck the chicken coop yesterday, but got busy with indoor housework.   We may get a white Christmas here this year.

Nothing "Christmas" Going On (yet) © December 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Betsy said…
You're always so busy with so many things. Me? Not so much. Line dancing is a lot of fun but I'm awful at it. We have a friend who was there every Friday night for years until she had both hips and a knee replaced.
Blessings,
Betsy
Betsy, I often like to keep busy in the winter, as I am not outside with normal sunshine, garden work, and the like. I do have days where I prefer to rest and take it easy, as winter time should be. My husband is only on board with the line dancing to keep in shape ha ha! Otherwise, I don't think he would be interested.
Leigh said…
Line dancing classes sound like great fun! For our Christmas cookies, I've just saved a few out of each batch for the past couple of months and kept them in the freezer. That way we have a variety of favorite but not too many!
Leigh, I should have been baking and saving as you have. I think October was a killer busy month of commitments, and it threw me off in November and then house repairs/renovations this month. I will definitely do that next year.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart