Skip to main content

It's Cold ~ Scarf Finished ~ Desk Project (which leads to Other Projects)

 



Remember the scarf I started to crochet for my husband?

Not the greatest picture but I was taking in a hot minute before my husband took off for work (early this morning).  I finished his scarf last night, and had enough yarn to add the end fringe.  I even have a small ball for a scrap blanket.  Anyway, it's a brisk 13°F windchill here this morning, and tomorrow will be even colder.  He is very happy to have the scarf on his drive to work today.  

The yarn was "newpaper print" by Red Heart.  It matches his hat that I made him back at the end of October.


On another note, I have my work cut out for me the next few days.  I'm cleaning out my old desk, and will be removing it from the last room with carpet in it.  Dogs and cats both have ruined the carpet (and the desk), so once the carpet is pulled, I will need to check the subfloor, treat it most likely and paint the room eventually.  

I have not used the desk since we completely replaced half of the kitchen floor/joists 2 years ago) However, the first concern is a storage area in the same room that is underneath the stairway.  We have discovered that it has huge gaps in the drywall corners, and it needs completely enclosed/replaced (after the carpet is removed). As the temperature dips, field mice look for warmer spaces (hence the drywall project in the storage area).

In order to crawl into the under-stairway storage area, the desk needs to be removed first (it's a small room).

In the meantime, mouse traps are set in the storage area, and project 6995847 (ha ha!) begins.

I'm going to need more coffee today. 

Progress report:

Christmas totes reduced by 3 totes (another donation box started)

Yarn totes reduced by 2 totes

It's Cold ~ Scarf Finished ~ Desk Project (which leads to Other Projects) © December 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Betsy said…
The hat and scarf are both beautiful and I'm sure that your husband will be loving them during these cold months.
I'm sorry about your storage area issues. It's always something isn't it? I just got home from the walk-in clinic. I have a doozy of a sinus infection going on. No surprise there at all. Antibiotics will be onboard soon.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Hello Kristina!
1. Fabulous scarf! The colorway looks great. I'm sure your husband appreciates the warmth. What state do you live in? That's really cold! I'm in southern Missouri. We're so close to the border, it feels more southern here than midwestern.

2. Oh, the project you have in that room! We lived in the country and had field mice pop in uninvited, too. We're going to have to have the floor replaced in our bathroom sometime soon. Water leaks are merciless.

3. I'm so proud of you for reducing by 2 totes. You've been real estate investing! You now have more cubic feet in your home!

Have yourself a merry little Christmas!
Laura Lane
Oh, I like the colors in that scarf.
Betsy, thank you so much. He loves them both. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage, thank you. I was thrilled the colors match his coat for very cold days here. We are in Ohio, and some of my neighbors have no power due to the winter winds we got last night. Yes, home projects are not always fun, but I do feel so much better when they are done.
Debby, thank you! I can't remember where I obtained the yarn, but it came in a 3 pack.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart