Skip to main content

Monday Madness

 


I'm calling it Monday Madness, as we return to a week of a regular work load, and trying to catch up for what we did not get done around here.  The bathrooms need a good cleaning, trash taken out, dusting, sweeping, dishes etc.  It also means, I am back to the kitchen for some homemade cooking and baking this week.

I'm dehydrating plantain, as the weather was good for it, and we needed it.  I have tinctures to strain, and salve making to do this month.

My husband is feeling better faster than me, and in doing so, has prompted the start of several projects that are overdue.  I'm not sure which one will be done first, but we have acquired the new window (will require some drywall work as well), lumber is ready to start the chicken run build (and we have stand by help for both), he's on board with the office purge (so old carpet can be torn out and the new flooring put in), utility room purge/clean up will once again start due to the fact we will soon need to remove the 16 year old washer and dryer.  Lastly, for now anyway, we have acquired a new heater for the master bathroom, and the old electric baseboard heater will be removed. 

Ha, and I thought we'd be slowing down this month.  I  am thankful that my husband is feeling better, but the holidays are approaching, so we'll see what actually progresses.


In the meantime, library books keep rolling in, and I have yet to even look at any of them.  The weekend went by way too fast, but I finished the last crochet lap afghan.


Here are a few photos I took, of the evil flying predator, known as the hawk.  I went out to see if it was still hanging around, and yes it is (they are unfortunately "protected" in our state).  The more I get photos of it hanging around, the more my husband is motivated to get the run built (will have a roof, and completely enclosed run).   Yes, I do need a rooster, but for now, we'll be focused on the enclosed run.




I'm going to attempt to keep a to-do list going, in order to stay on task around here.  I've already added more to it.  I asked my husband where we put the porch chair covers, and we both laughed.  We both have no idea.  Another job added, ha ha!

We are throwing ourselves into the week without a meal plan.  The only plan is to use what's in the freezer, needing to be used up first.  It should be fun.


Comments

Betsy said…
You keep so busy! I do love your afghan. Is it for you or a gift or donation? I need to get back into the habit of making meal plans.
Blessings,
Betsy
Betsy, we didn't get a lot done in October due to 3 weddings and other commitments, so we are making up for jobs that got delayed. The blanket is for donation. I donated several to our area senior center, and a few more to other area adult livint facitlities. I'm looking for more places to donate.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart