Skip to main content

Chargeable Light Bulbs

 

I had a friend tell me once, "if you give everything away, you'll have nothing."  Believe me, what we are getting rid of, is no longer used, or even needed.  However, we replaced our nightstand lights and had the two antique lamps to deal with. 

My husband wanted to keep them, and I was ready to sell them.  However, we made a compromise.  The cords were an electrical hazard, and he just didn't want to take the time to replace the cords.  I got tired of staring at them in a box on the floor.

I had an "aha!" moment.  I cut the cords off (he can replace them any day he wishes if that's the case), and bought two chargeable light bulbs.  We have end tables in our living room, where it needs light, but no way to plug a cord in.  

The bulbs work great!  Three settings, comes with remote with dimmer and timer.  I'm happy, we have extra light (especially in the dark days of winter), and he's happy we have the lamps.

I am however, still wanting to buy solar charging light bulbs.  If you have a link for a source (Amazon would be great), please comment.  I have two solar (actually 3) outdoor lights already for the new coop, but we would like to have some "emergency" lights for in the ho


Chargeable Light Bulbs  © November 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Katie C. said…
Check the October 2nd post for the 5 Acres & A Dream blog. She recommends a solar light bulb.
Betsy said…
The lamps are really pretty. I would have never thought of that solution. What a beautiful solution to your no light, no plug in issue. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you on where to find the bulbs.
Blessings,
Betsy
What an incredibly smart move! We have an odd space that could use some light and I have never thought of that!
R's Rue said…
Great idea.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Katie C. I did, but those are sold out on Amazon, and have been since her post. I'm trying to find a suitable set that is similar and not too expensive either.
Betsy, I found mine on Amazon. They have many different kinds. I also found them at Menards. Lowes may have some too.
Anne in the kitchen, we now want to put a small lamp on our counter top in the kitchen for extra light this winter. I can always move it in the spring.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart