Skip to main content

Another Fall and Other Tidbits

 Hot Mess Express here to tell you another tale (or two).  I had opened the dishwasher, while standing at the sink to load it, and to set it to wash, when 2 seconds after opening it my mind took a quick turn.  I saw the drain the sink needing to be cleaned, so I had picked it up out of the sink, and turned to walk to the trash.

When the dishwasher door is open and the tray is not pulled out, it is all gray, which is the same color of our flooring.

You probably know where this is going, right?

I hit the open dishwasher door with both legs, flew over the door, landed on the other side on my right knee.  Yes, I have bruises, and no the dishwasher didn't break, but the door needs some TLC (my husband will look at it).  He laughed, and asked if I had it all on video.  It's funny now, but not when I look at my bruises.  Thank goodness for Arnica cream.

What did I learn from this?  Turn on more lights when it's dark and dreary outside, and maybe put a light on the countertop for extra winter lighting.

The other "bonk" was when I was leaning over to sweep behind the dryer (last weekend), and when I stood up, I forgot there was a cupboard on the wall.  Smack!  Yep.  Smacked my head into the bottom of the cupboard.  


Got my dental cleaning off the calendar, and there was not one person in the waiting room.  

I have drained the yarrow infused oil, and just need a day to make the salve.  I at least have the amber jars washed and drying.


I got the chicken coop mucked, and added extra straw.  The weather forecast is not that appealing this coming weekend.  The weather for us, is said to dip into the low 20's at night.


I forgot to share this tidbit about the rechargeable light bulbs.  They come with the charge cord and an attachment to screw onto the bulb, to hang the bulb too.  You can use them camping, or in an emergency (power outage).  We have a small generator that will charge them.

As for the search for the solar chargeable light bulbs, the link to the one shared by another blog poster, is out of stock (and has been out of stock (says "currently unavailable") since October).  I'm still looking for them.


A "ta-da" moment.  First book to borrow from the library since May, and finish reading it before it was due!  I have read many James Patterson books, and this one was definitely different.  I have the next book already lined up, but it's one of my own.  I love that our library gives out free bookmarks.

Another home "project is underway, so I have not had time to write a post regarding the bread baked in the cast iron skillet (featured blog post).  Hopefully soon.

Another Fall and Other Tidbits  © November 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Faith said…
Ouch! That hurt. Oh my Kristina...I could totally see myself doing something along these lines.
Hope you liked the book, it was such a great read:) Hope you are not bruised up too bad.
Jackie said…
I always seem to bump my head when I am sweeping. I tell my husband that is how I got a few lost memories. Or perhaps I should say holes in my head. LOL.

God bless.
Betsy said…
I'm sorry that you both fell and hit your head. I've done that so many times. People have threatened to make me wear a helmet because I had three concussions in one year. All for plain stupidity on my part.
I'm glad you're doing okay now.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Katie C. said…
Ouch! I really get it about the dishwasher door. Several years ago I fell half way down the stairs after tripping on my dark grey cat in the dark. We are both lucky that we didn’t break our necks! I always turn the light on now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart