Skip to main content

Yarn Colors ~ Lap Afghan


 I completely forgot to mention the yarn colors for this lap afghan, in case anyone was interested.  I am donating this one to a person living in an assisted living facility.

Two colors had no labels in my yarn stash, but I am pretty sure I am correct.

Caron one pound - Cream (guess)

Caron one pound - Peach (guess)

Red Heart Super Saver - Persimmon 

Red Heart Super Saver - Flamingo (not sold in stores from what I can see, only online currently).

Pattern is 6-day Kid Blanket.  I chose to do two rounds to edge it in cream and peach.  The person who created the pattern gives you other options to edge the blankets (and other sizes as well, as changing your colors more often).

Yarn Colors ~ Lap Afghan  © June 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Katie C. said…
Your afghan is gorgeous!

I have a yarn question. I recently bought a second hand knitting book that has an afghan made with the Hurdle Rib stitch. It uses super bulky yarn. Do you have a particular fiber content that you prefer for something like this? I don’t want to go through the expense and effort only to have it disintegrate or completely fuzz up. I have two house cats so it will be washed every so often. I haven’t made an afghan in over 30 years! Oh, my!

Take care, Katie C.
Jackie said…
Lovely work. The colours go so well together.

God bless.
Katie C., I have only knitted dishcloths, and have not yet knitted an afghan. I would guess maybe wool, but I would google the stitch and afghan and see what other suggest too. Thank you!
Thanks Jo-Anne's Ramblings

Thank you Jackie

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart