Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Yarn Colors ~ Lap Afghan


 I completely forgot to mention the yarn colors for this lap afghan, in case anyone was interested.  I am donating this one to a person living in an assisted living facility.

Two colors had no labels in my yarn stash, but I am pretty sure I am correct.

Caron one pound - Cream (guess)

Caron one pound - Peach (guess)

Red Heart Super Saver - Persimmon 

Red Heart Super Saver - Flamingo (not sold in stores from what I can see, only online currently).

Pattern is 6-day Kid Blanket.  I chose to do two rounds to edge it in cream and peach.  The person who created the pattern gives you other options to edge the blankets (and other sizes as well, as changing your colors more often).

Yarn Colors ~ Lap Afghan  © June 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

5 comments:

Katie C. said...

Your afghan is gorgeous!

I have a yarn question. I recently bought a second hand knitting book that has an afghan made with the Hurdle Rib stitch. It uses super bulky yarn. Do you have a particular fiber content that you prefer for something like this? I don’t want to go through the expense and effort only to have it disintegrate or completely fuzz up. I have two house cats so it will be washed every so often. I haven’t made an afghan in over 30 years! Oh, my!

Take care, Katie C.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Pretty colours

Jackie said...

Lovely work. The colours go so well together.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Katie C., I have only knitted dishcloths, and have not yet knitted an afghan. I would guess maybe wool, but I would google the stitch and afghan and see what other suggest too. Thank you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jo-Anne's Ramblings

Thank you Jackie