Skip to main content

What started with just removing the carpet project.......

 Saturday was a challenge.  We had to drive one hour to get some supplies that were sold out in stores near us.  The weather was an issue. It was cold and the wind was recorded up to 74 mph in the area.  Power went out in many cities nearby, but thankfully not ours.

Hauling supplies in the back of a truck was not fun.  When we got home, the trim had been blown downward and was almost out of the bed of the truck.  We got it home and in the garage thankfully.  Yes, it was tightly strapped in, but like I said, high wind warning.


One ceiling fan is down, and not because we wanted it down.  You can see the original wall paint color of "country white."  Ceiling is painted.

New paint color for the walls.  We put 3 paint samples up to figure this out, and we did not go back to Home Depot.  We went to a local store, where we could get a more professional assistance on getting the right color.  The problem with Home Depot etc. is that they are constantly hiring people, and they have no knowledge to help correctly.  Anyway....

It's sort of difficult to show the wall paint color, but it is a gray.  One ceiling fan is completely down, so the light is not great in there for now.  Whoever installed the ceiling fans installed them incorrectly.  You should be able to remove the screws to pull the ceiling portion down to paint, and they installed them, so when you unscrew the very top, the entire fan comes down.  

One wall in the bedroom contains the walk-in closet.  The builders installed the door to it, dead center of the long wall.  It prevents us from putting the bed anywhere but one wall, because the bathroom in there is built in one corner of the room.  Yeah, it's been fun.

Guess who wants to cut a new door to the very side, so we can move furniture in a better layout?  Yep.  My husband.  The closet is FULL of the dismantled bed and other stuff from the bedroom, so that has to come out in order to do that.  Talk about stressed and overwhelmed right now.  In order to set the bed back up, we have to finish moving the closet door, and install trim.  Updates on that later. 


Meanwhile, I'm trying to set up a brooder, but have yet to find the pullets I want.  The eggs are over flowing due to take out and less home cooking.  I guess that needs to start again.

I'm thankful for the "little" things right now.  I'm thankful for the homemade lip balm I keep in my purse, because I cannot access mine, that I keep in my bedroom night stand.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart