Skip to main content

Stress over time....

 Renovations gone wrong.....so many variables to deal with this time around.

My husband thought it would be grand to just take a short vacation while the bedroom carpet was removed and new flooring installed.  We went, we returned, and we are so frustrated right now.

First, we hired the same person who did our living room and kitchen bathroom.  Second, we hire him for chicken duty, and watering seedlings, so we do know him.

Came home to find the flooring installed in the wrong direction, and he knocked a large hole in one wall (we are still waiting for him to explain, but he will be fixing it on his dollar not ours, which also delays painting, which should have been done before new flooring....see what I mean about stress?).

He also did not water my seedlings.  It appears that he watered one time while we were done.  He literally was here every single day and asked me and I explained how to water them (he's watered them before).  98% of my seedlings most likely won't make it.  I'm beyond livid.  

This morning I get a call that my youngest daughter's cat is in distress and sick.  I am jumping in the shower and there will be an emergency vet visit.   Could this week go any worse?

Comments

Jackie See said…
Geeze girl, your plate is full! I hope your cat baby feels better and that the vet has an easy and inexpensive fix. Handy man? well, I will try to be kind... We know exactly what you mean about hiring help. I use to be able to hire local teenagers to help with heavy moving and cleaning and I paid them $20 an hour. I can't even get anyone to respond to an ad. I guess no one needs a few extra dollars right now. I sure hope your day gets better! One step at a time! Maybe take some time for a special treat? Hang in there, you are making progress! ~jackiesee~
That's why I don't go anywhere on vacation as I do not have anyone that is responsible enough. That would make me so angry. I'm sorry this happened to you. Thank goodness this person wasn't taking care of your pets but then again you did mention chickens. I hope they are okay. My parents had a beautiful black lab - and left it in the care of their neighbors who got lazy and just filled several bowls of food and water for the dog. The dog ate everything at once and ended up dying while my parents were away. I hope it all works out with your daughter's cat - I love cats.

Jackie, we definitely need a special treat when the bedroom is all done. It's tough to get thru this stress, when it's your place of rest. It feels like it's taking forever, but just glad we are doing it before garden season starts.
Debby, yes, the chickens were okay. We hire him every time we need chicken care while we are gone or busy with something. We are still waiting on the prognosis with Tiger (daughter's cat). He may have kidney problems, we don't know yet.
Carol said…
Well, the vacation certainly did not help with the stress. I am sorry that you are feeling so much currently

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart