Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Coffee hour with me . . .

Grab a cup of coffee and let's have a short chat.

Not many "homesteading" things going on right now.  I'm mostly doing the purge/pack/donate motions.  There may be more take out dinners than home cooked for a few weeks.  We have however picked up seed potatoes for the garden.

Chicken's watering units got a good scrubbing.  The sun has been shining again, and a bit warmer, so they are laying pretty well right now.  Rain returns this weekend.

We are a bit frustrated with the company buy out.  We are in limbo with health insurance and he just had a check up.  I got a nice big bill of $210.00.  Hopefully the new cards will show up ASAP and I can get this mess taken care of.  




I got one camper ornament completely finished.  I forgot how much work goes into just one.  I have the pieces already made, but have a dozen or so to actually assemble.  I'd like to have them done for the craft show next month.  I've been so busy with the bedroom, that my crochet time is about minuscule right now.


Before I added the cheese.






I finally got some garden tomatoes out of the freezer, and tried enchilada (chicken) soup for the first time.  We have also enjoyed some home canned lemony-tomato basil soup (keto bread for hubby, and we put home canned cowboy candy in the grilled cheese).  That's a bit of butter in the soup.  Mmmm!  

Tonight is the last night to clear out the remaining furniture in the master bedroom.    The work begins tomorrow.  I'll be so glad to get that stinky carpet removed, but it has been a whirlwind so far.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the camper ornament. It is super cute. I have not been doing much here as I have not felt well for over a week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh Carol, I hope you feel better soon. The first year I made the ornaments was back in 2019 and I sold out, so I have kept making more.