Skip to main content

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

 

Winter has things slowing down around here, other than our living room repair/remodel project.  I, however, finally got the hot cocoa mix made.

A few parts arrived to install the gas heaters, but the fireplace has yet to be delivered.  It was supposed to be in November 30th.  It's been a frustrating time getting what we need to finish the living room.

The cost of paint is horrible right now as well. Sheesh.  My husband and I were flabbergasted at the price of one gallon to paint the trim.

Comments

Leigh said…
I haven't priced paint in awhile, so I can only imagine.

Thanks for the hot cocoa mix recipe! Dan loves hot chocolate but I refuse to by the ready-made mixes because of the ingredients. He'll be pleased with this.
Debi said…
I'm so sorry that your living room remodel has put you in chaos just in time for the holidays. It will all be worth it in the end and years from now you will laugh about it... well, maybe no laughing about the ridiculous cost of everything. I speak from experience! Hopefully your fireplace will be delivered soon. Hope you enjoy your weekend and don't work too hard!
Jackie See said…
I understand. I waited almost 2 years to get my backsplash installed and microwave installed. Handyman showed up to bid the job but then didn't show up to do the work, over and over. The days just seemed to pile up one after the other and I was so tired of moving things and cleaning out cabinets only to have to put them back again with no work getting done but mine. It is finally done, my cabinets are cleaned and organized! Now I think that it was God's way of telling me to declutter. Each time I moved the stuff out and then back again I donated another bag. I pray that you feel this same sense of relief and organization that I felt after the job was completed. Now I am waiting to start eh painting job until I get some rest after the holidays. You are right the price of paint is crazy and the Buy 4/Get 1 free, rebates, coupons, sales, receipt keeping and tracking! Whew! I also have to have my hardware changed out and hinges routed. We can do everything but the hidden hinges that I want they require routing and a jig and you only get one try or the door is ruined. I may end up sticking with the ugly door hinges to avoid the stress and expense. I follow your blog and enjoy your posts, and I am excited to see the room when it is done and you are sitting down with your crochet enjoying it!
Jackie See, I am doing the same thing. I am so tired of moving things, I just declutter and get rid of stuff as I go. I cannot wait until it's all done, and you said it! I cannot wait to sit and enjoy crocheting in the living room. Thanks for following my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart