Skip to main content

Canning Continues and other ramblings

I got 5 more pints of tomato soup canned.  It takes most of my day, but that is 5 more meals for two, and so good.

                                           


In between watching and stirring the pot, I have been catching up with laundry, restocking camper ornaments (making the pieces, just have to put them together later), and creating more hair clips.  I'm also creating more embellished paper clips.  I have not booked a fall craft show just yet.  I keep seeing them for October, but I cannot commit with the canning still going on.  I do better in Nov. and Dec.

Rosemary made it out of the dehydrator.  I need to check my pantry to see what else I need dried.

I'm now writing out a winter prep to-do list, but I have to get cracking on the living room.  I have boxes now, so I am ready as soon as the tomatoes are all put up.

What's on the list?  Splitting wood, ordering propane (this time I will make sure it's delivered before the cut off date), pulling the garden,  drying herbs before the weather gets too cold, and a few other to-do's.

It's another foggy morning here, and the last few days we are hearing fox and coyote.  We also saw an eagle fly over the house.  

Disturbing news in our state - the death of 3 million chickens at another egg producing farm died due to bird flu.  I guess I better get that new coop built, so we can focus on a meat bird coop as well.  

Comments

It was peaches for me. But it got done. Your clips are so cute. I love a good craft show ! Usually late Oct or early November.
Jackie said…
I managed to dry Rosemary yesterday, but need to get the oregano and thyme done sometime very soon.

God bless.
Thank you Lisa, I just hope I can find a craft show with low rent space costs
Jackie I need to dry oregano and thyme too.
Tracy dixon said…
Hi Kristina. I have a question.Has Blogger changed their email preferences? I am not receiving emails of your posts anymore in my emails. I am not getting Sandra's from Diary of a Stay At Home Mom anymore either. I was just wondering if something happened.
Tracy, Blogger did away with it. I'm hunting down a widget that I can put on my blog. I hope to find one that will work.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart