Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 29, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

Tomatoes are still rolling in.  I am thankful for that.  Bell peppers were picked but smaller than a typical harvest.

Several craft/fall festivals are happening, but I have zero time to participate.  I have created one new item while watching the canner pot.

Cute watermelon keyfobs.  I only got one made, but super cute.




Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I will link up later when she posts.


The weather . . .

Rain.  Rain for the next two days.


As I look outside my window . . .

It's raining, and cloudy.


Right now I am . . . 

Making another pot of coffee, filling the canner pot, measuring and weighing tomatoes.


Thinking and pondering . . .

How much propane to pre-order, cleaning the living room to get the chimney swept soon, what I will can tomorrow with tomatoes, messaging the island store (they sold all of the camper ornaments I took over early summer), and packaging them this time.  I'm pretty sure we'll be gifting the kids canned tomato items this Christmas (they love tomato soup too).


How I am feeling . . .

So-so.  Overly busy.  


On the breakfast plate . . .

Most likely egg, cheese and sausage muffin sandwiches.  


What I am reading . . .

My canning recipes, ha ha!  


On the TV . . .

Mystery Channel


On the menu this week . . .

-sausage, green beans, onion and potato sheet pan
-chicken, broccoli sheet pan dinner
-possibly homemade corn dogs, I only make them once a year

Looking around the house . . .
Tomatoes!  Tomatoes everywhere!


To do list this week . . .
-can pizza sauce, more tomato sauce, more ketchup and tomato soup
-freeze bell peppers
-make a breakfast
-wash bedding
-water plants indoors
-laundry

There won't be much time for anything but making these tomatoes turn into something canned.


Something fun to share . . .

I bought two of the girls a fun pearl jewelry kit.   They had fun opening their mussel.  You make a wish before you open the can and then put your pearl inside the turtle.  Just something fun for them to do.


From the camera . . .





....from the garden yesterday.


Devotional . . .
I still have not found my devotional.  I need to put that on the to-do list too.

12 comments:

Katie C. said...

You could make those watermelon slices into Christmas ornaments too. I think they are very cute 😁



Would you post your pizza sauce recipe please? I have four gallon bags of frozen tomatoes that I would eventually like to turn into canned pizza sauce because … I have a pizza stone now 😋

Aritha Vermeulen said...

What a lovely jewelry set.

Sandra said...

Wow you got such a good garden harvest, well done! Mine is only now starting to do anything, I'm just hoping it gives me something before the frost comes around.

Hope you find your devotional.
Have a blessed week,
Sandra

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Katie I will post the link for the pizza sauce tomorrow. Thanks, good idea for ornaments

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Arieth

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra thank you. I lost my devotional when we had to tear out half the kitchen

Jodi said...

Oh that watermelon keyfob is adorable!! Look at all that yummy bountiful garden goodies!!! Have a great week!

Monique G. said...

Prayers that you find your devotional soon! I'm so jealous of your garden! We're still waiting for some tomoatoes! We've had only 5 Romas so far. Everything is a little late this year.
Have a fantastic week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jodi

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Monique, our tomatoes turned red very late too. Weird year for sure.

Luludou said...

You are always so busy! just can't imagine all you have to do with all the crops you are now taking in for winter.
I just LOVE the pearl jewelry! I think I,ll try to find something like that for the girls, this is just soooo lovely.
Have a great rest of the week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, I found them on Amazon. There are different necklace kits but various prices. The girls love theirs.