Skip to main content

This and That



The blueberries are all done for the year.  I canned a small batch of blueberry cinnamon jam, and froze the rest.  I picked more green beans, tied up more tomatoes, and had a mound of dishes.  I mucked the chicken coop, and boy was it a hot day.  I did a check on all of the tomatoes and thankfully, only found one tomato worm.

I came inside and snapped a photo of the flooring going in for the bathroom.  Sigh....look at those seams!!  I sent the photo to my husband how immediately got in touch with the men doing the work. They were putting the seams way too close.  Oh my gosh, by the way, the two men were arguing the entire time.  

  



It was taken out and fixed.  Sorry for the bad photos, I took them with my phone.



It's hard to get a good photo, due to lighting and time of day as well, but we discovered there is matching trim, so we'll possibly be returning the trim we did buy and buying matching trim.  Hopefully, the bathroom will be done next week.  There are a few more pieces of flooring to install, the rest of the shower needs installed, more work on the walls (we are doing something different), then vanity, mirror, all trim, and toilet needs installed.

Daughter E had an outdoor yoga class, and they had a you-pick flower farm near by.  She drove all the way out to our place to gift me them.  I love flowers!

We finally got rain last night.  I do have to fix one tomato stake, but it may be too wet to walk in the garden this morning. I guess I'll find out.  It will be another scorcher of a day for us.  I do not lack weeding work, so I may be weeding flower beds after this rain.  I have several areas that badly need it.

There is a chance my husband will be stuck working 2nd or even 3rd shift due to work.  I am praying he is off at his normal hours.  We are so over this already.


Comments

Sandra said…
Yay for rain, we got some yesterday and are getting some right now too. Thank the good Lord above, we desperately needed it.

I can't believe the floor guys were arguing the whole time hahah

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
Sandra, I went out to work in the tomatoes, and one guy followed me out there and kept talking to me. I'll be so glad when the bathroom is done.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart