Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, July 7, 2022

This and That

Our hummingbird came to the porch for a very long visit.  It was about 5 feet from me enjoying our porch hanging flowers.  Visit from Mom?

Woke up to no water pressure in my kitchen sink, and a ton of dirty dishes to wash.  I left the water on to clear air and painted.

Before

The other side of the bathroom door got primed.  I will be picking up paint samples soon for the other bathroom.

I also painted the last wall in the kitchen.  I just have to paint some trim and the kitchen will be done completely.

We got a lot of rain yesterday, so the garden should be popping with bounty soon.

We were on the porch eating dinner, and heard a gun shot.  He pulled into our drive and we talked for hours.  He was taking care of rodents in the field north of us, so we gave him permission to park in our north drive to take care of ground hogs that took over our barn rubble, and were also causing havoc in the same field.

I put 8 # of onions in the dehydrator.  We did not plant onions this year, other than bunching onions, and my herb garden green onions.  I found a deal on organic, and decided to get that stocked done.

 

No comments: