Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

 Long, but busy weekend.  While our handy-man had the weekend off, I was working hard to paint bathroom door trim, and juggle the laundry, put things back where I painted another smaller area of a kitchen wall, do dishes, cook, garden, and stock up.

The bathroom repairs continue.  The floor is in.  He had to make some changes with the new sub-floor.  The new shower base drain hole was about 1 inch off of where the original drain was.

The kids, when they lived here, took long hot showers, so the paint on the ceiling was literally coming off.  It's been cleared, sanded, and areas filled.  It could be another 3 days before the drywall can be put in.  The ceiling will be painted with kilz, then re-textured, and painted with ceiling paint.  Each step taking a day to dry, so I'm trying to be patient.



The garden is starting to roll in bounty.  I pulled the last of the lettuce plants and made us a big salad for these humid and hot days.  I spent most of the day Sunday in the tomatoes. Many of them need tied up again.

My husband is working every single day.  He gets no days off for a few weeks.  I'm not running out of things to do, but I do miss him.



I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Will link up when she posts later.

The weather . . . 

We will hit the 90's again, with possible thunderstorms tonight or early tomorrow morning.


As I look outside my window . . .

The sun is shining, and the weeds have once again taken over in the flower beds.  I found some smaller wild growing mullein and have moved them closer to the house.


Right now I am . . .

Doing a load of laundry, and just finished breakfast.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Trying to decide which job to tackle on rainy days - upstairs, bedroom closet, or front room (need to clean out a file cabinet that was previously in kitchen desk area).


How I am feeling . . .

Pretty good actually.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Sausage, bean, and egg breakfast burritos, topped with home canned cowboy candy, coffee.  Lots and lots of coffee.


What I am wearing . . .

Garden work jeans, tank-top and currently slippers until I head out to the tomatoes.


On my reading pile . . .

Somehow I keep adding to the pile, but not reading lately.  Just zero time for it.


On my TV this week . . .

Anything that catches our eye.


On the menu . . .
-roasted turkey, zucchini and corn saute
-chicken, apple/pecan/cranberry salad
-turkey a'la king, peas
-Mac' n' cheese (haven't made it in a long, long time)
-leftovers

Looking around the house . . .

Well, it looks as if the house is under construction, ha ha!  I'm trying to keep things organized, but half the bathroom stuff is in the kitchen, and trim is being painted in the living room.


To do list . . .
-clean out fridge
-laundry
-mail in rebates
-call body shop and make an appt.
-weed flower beds
-tie up tomatoes
-harvest kale
-dishes
-vacuum
-find Mom's camping journals
-check campgrounds for a fall camping trip (if it happens)


From the camera . . .



These were from all weekend.  Momma and her babies.


Devotional/Prayers . . .

-prayers for my friend Marilyn and her husband (Brian, and his sister Christy), as her Father-in-law suddenly passed away yesterday.


Comments

Jean said…
Pretty deer! Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Hope you have a wonderful week.
Mother Em said…
Haha ...re your reading pile. Husband just finished this book and "thought" I'd like to read. How quickly he forgets, I don't like to read ...have too many thoughts running through my mind of things that need to be done and won't get done unless I do them.

Enjoy. I'll wait for the movie, haha!
Thanks Jean, hope your week is nice too.
Mother Em, isn't that the truth!? I have so many lists going right now, and so much to do it's crazy, ha ha!
Luludou said…
Sorry for your friend's loss.
Cute deer pictures.
Hope your husband gets a few days off soon.
You are always sooo busy!

Have a great week

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart